When you attend a Slimming World class you are weighed every week, and your progress is entirely defined by the amount of weight you’ve lost.
However, the process of losing weight is not all about the number of pounds and stones you’ve shed. Sometimes it’s about things that don’t show on the scales.
It’s about how you now feel about yourself, how your health has improved, how you can do things that previously used to be a struggle, the inches that have gone from your waist, the dress size you’ve dropped and the clothes that you can now fit into.
These are called Non Scale Victories (or NSV for short). They are the achievements and progress you can see but that don’t necessarily show up on the scales.
Everyone’s Non Scale Victories are different. They might be things like:
- You can now fit comfortably and confidently into that amazing dress you bought for a special occasion
- A friend that hasn’t seen you for a while notices and compliments you on your weight loss
- Your health improves so that you can play with your kids
- Your muffin top no longer spills out over the top of your jeans
- All that body magic has helped you run your first 5 km without stopping
- You have extra energy, improved confidence, and generally feel better
All these victories need to be celebrated, and your consultant will be delighted for you to share your Non Scale Victories with the rest of the class!