Losing weight with Slimming World can feel great, but it also has a down side!
Here are the top 8 problems faced by people who lose weight:
- All your clothes are too big for you. As you lose weight and get a bit smaller, all your clothes will start to look a bit baggy on you, and you may even have trouble keeping your trousers up! Being smaller means that you need to invest in a new wardrobe, which can be expensive. Your only saving grace are those clothes that have lurked in the back of your wardrobe for the last 10 years that were previously too small for you. Let’s hope they’re still in fashion, because as a thinner person, you might feel a new compulsion to think less about what clothes will fit around you, and more about what clothes show off your amazing body.
- People keep saying you look great. It’s nice when people start complimenting you about how great you look, but after a while it can be get quite tiresome. You’ll end up screaming inside “Does nobody have anything else to talk about, except for how amazing I look?”, and wishing that you didn’t keep having to have the same conversation with everyone.
- You have a new lease of life. As you lose weight, you might notice that you want to get out of the house more and do more things. But this new lease of life can a lot of time and be expensive. As you socialise more and get involved in new activities, you’ll notice that you don’t have enough money left to buy all that junk food you used to eat, or indeed have the time to eat it!
- You may feel compelled to exercise more. Losing weight can often mean that you feel healthier, and want to exercise more. You might start with a gentle walk, a swim or a cycle, but before you know it you’re contemplating joining a running group. Exercise is great, but it can be addictive, so be careful!
- You might attract unwanted attention. As you get thinner, you may find that you become more attractive to other people, and they might start flirting with you or asking you out on dates. If you’re not looking for love then fending off this unwanted attention can become exhausting.
- You might turn into a health nut. There is a real danger that you can become obsessed with weight loss and healthy living, and become the boring one who keeps talking about Food Optimising and Body Magic to your family and friends.
- People will be jealous of you. As you lose weight, it’s possible you might experience some signs of jealousy from people you know. They may not say it to your face, but some people may be resentful of how well you’re doing, and may start to treat you differently.
- You might reach target weight. When Slimming World has been such a big part of your life for the last few months or years, it can be scary as you approach your target weight and contemplate life without losing any more weight. Luckily when you become a target member, you can still come along to class, be supported in maintaining your weight, and – even better – it’s free!
Hope this has been of some help. If you know of any other weight loss problems, feel free to contribute them in the comments below!